Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Provo bound

Tonight I was set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints to the Stockholm, Sweden mission.  I am taking the 7am flight to Salt Lake City International to enter the Missionary Training center in Provo.  I am proud to serve and am excited to send my adventures home for all of youse to read.  I am going to miss everyone.  I love you all.  Sunday morning my family took our last family photo for two years.  That day in church I gave my farewell talk and said goodbye to the members of the Morningside Heights ward.  I am leaving behind the life I love because I know that out there are people who deserve the same kindness, love, and happiness that I have been blessed with.  My family, ward, and friends, both old and new, have given me these things.


“Love is one of the chief characteristics of Deity, and ought to be manifested by those who aspire to be the sons of God.  A man filled with the love of God is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race.”-Joseph Smith  (Favorite quote used from farewell talk).

Mosiah 8:18; Thus God has provided a means that man, through faith, might work mighty miracles; therefore he becometh a great benefit to his fellow beings.





  

1 comment: