Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Trust in oneself and trust in the lord!

This is about as high as the sun gets in this part of Sweden and at this time of year.

This week was interesting, my companion Äldste Geddes went to a training in Stockholm with all of the other District leaders and Zone leaders.  It was great for him to see all his previous companions and MTC friends.  That left me and another fairly new missionary named Äldste Martinsson from Vancouver in the Skövde area.  Although, I was one group newer then him to arrive here I had to lead since it was my area.  I really got to see what I have been learning during that time.  It was like removing the training wheels.  I however had the blessing of seeing my improvement in a lot of things, including my Swedish, teaching, and definitely faith.  We taught quite a few different people and taught for the first time a 21 year old guy who has member friends and that has become very interested in the gospel.  He told us they had never talked with him about anything gospel related but just their example made him curious and to reach out to us.  It was inspiring.  
   This week was the week where we have managed to teach the most lessons.  The Lord truly blessed us.  I am proud of myself every time I turn to him for guidance, happier then I am if I am clever enough to come up with the same thing on my own.   The lord knows how to guide us and will always know whats best if we can just trust in him and turn our lives over to him.
Notice the bike section.  Is this what Mayor Bloomberg plans for NYC, with his bike lane creation.



It's amazing how different the sun and sky appear.  We're getting a little bit more light each day but it's still really cold.  This past week we received about 7 hours of day light but some days it's just white or grey with the sun trying but not succeeding to peek through. 
   Today I got to go into Göteborg again.  I really do love that city.  It's a wonderful place.  I would consider myself so lucky if at some future occasion I was able to serve in the inner city of Göteborg.  Anyway, we had a group of around 15 Missionaries and a member today.  We all met at the YSA center in Göteborg and played laser tag.  It was definitely the funnest P-day I've had so far.  It was a blast getting together and receiving that strength from other missionaries.  After we went to Family home evening with a family in our ward who always makes the most unique but best food.  They are raw vegans and so they are vegan but they also do not cook any food.  They are able to make some of the best dishes.
     A scripture I very much appreciated this week was Alma 5: 45-46. It talks about the finding of truth by the power of the Holy Ghost. In it he talks of how he reads but then he prays, he ponders, and he fasts for the knowledge of these truths. Reading we can obtain information but through prayerful study we can know such information to be truth. This just worked to remind me of the great importance of consecrating our study to the Lord and trying to keep it as relevant to our current endeavors as possible will allow us to realize a greater amount of truth.
I know the church is true, the work is hard but its worth it, and what better way to spend your time then doing something so worthwhile.  I'm happy I can help people change for the better and help serve those in need.

With love,

    Äldste Moe

No comments:

Post a Comment