Monday, January 21, 2013

Ståle was baptized! So happy for him.



 Ståle and his daughter Nicole at his Baptism.
       Highlight of this week is Ståle was baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday as a member of Jesu Kristi Kyrka av Sista Dagars Heliga.  He is an amazing example to me, he has such energy to go forward and always be better.  He has a desire to be the best he can be and for that I respect him greatly.
        We got to visit the port town of Lidköping this week to meet with some people.  Its crazy, the biggest lake of Sweden was right there and a giant river that flowed into it was completely frozen on the top.  The old architecture and style of these cities is really beautiful. 
 An old tower in the town of Lidköping in our area.
     This week was also accompanied by a lot of denial and cold weather.  In Skövde we get a really bad wind chill because we are in between the two big lakes of Sweden.  This has definitely been my coldest week in Sweden.  When you see parking lots with boxes to plug your car into so they aren't destroyed while your shopping you know its cold out.  We have been trying to get a hold of older Investigators.  To teach and see if they will allow the gospel a second chance to reach them.
    The language is getting better and I can see myself slowly starting to subconsciously understand people, as in it no longer requires my full concentration to follow someone word by word.  Although watching others change brings a missionary the greatest amount of joy, one cannot help but notice the changes taking place inside of themselves.  I truly have felt myself grow and become better then I could make myself alone.  I know the Lord accompanies us in every good ambition and thing we do in his name.  Helaman 5:12 reads,  "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation".  We must remember that anything we strive to do or accomplish we should strive to do with righteous purpose, for those are the things that will last into the eternities.  I definitely am proud of the things I have learned and the things I strive to live but as part of this its important to realize that there can always be more done, and there can always be more learned or lived.
        One of the Investigators we have been teaching told us this week that one day he would be a member but the task seemed so far away that he didn't know where to start.  Its important to remember that with sincere heart everything is possible through the Lord.  That person we see ourselves being or becoming but think its too far off, why not?  Start with any little step in that direction and as you integrate more and more the rest will become natural.

 Our district, from left to right, Me, My Comp Äldste Geddes (England), Äldste Sanders (Utah), and Äldste Bressan (Italy).
Äldste Moe

No comments:

Post a Comment