Monday, August 19, 2013

Getting transferred to Södertälje area tomorrow!


Hey all,

 Well, it's when you begin to get comfortable that things get shaken up.  President Newell called and I will be transferring to the Södertälje area tomorrow morning.  My new companion will be Elder Leirimaa.  He is from Finland and pretty cool, he was the assistant when I first came to Sweden. I'm fortunate to be comps with him and to be in Södertälje.  Södertälje is in a district with Eskilstuna, so hopefully I will be able to visit Eskilstuna and see some of the people I grew to love there.
   This last Saturday a member called and asked us to come by and give her a copy of the Book of Mormon.  We went kind of wondering why she would want a copy of the Book of Mormon.  We went over and she shared with us an experience she had at work bearing her testimony to a friend who said that he felt the spirit and wanted a copy of the Book of Mormon.  She had been praying for a missionary opportunity.  She has every excuse not to do missionary work, her Swedish and English is not the best, being a native Spanish speaker and her family is not members but she still looks and seeks out opportunities to share the gospel.  As she was explaining her experience with her friend we felt the spirit so strong.  Members have the potential to be such effective missionaries, it's amazing.  I'm grateful to have spent time in this area of Sweden where the church is a little bit stronger and to see the possibility.  It keeps me motivated and inspired seeing how happy people can be.  
   
 
 Elder's Muirbrook and Newkirk and me
Vendelsö's ward mission leader and me
Love,
   Äldste Moe

No comments:

Post a Comment