Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Finding strength from reading the Book of Mormon daily

 Elder Held, Elder Judd, Me, Elder Geddes
 Looking out over Södertälje, grey clouds are common now with winter around the corner.

Hej all,

Time is flying by on my mission.  It doesn't feel as if it was just a week ago that I was here emailing.  I can only email once a week so it's a good way to mark the passage of time.  And it definitely doesn't feel like a year ago that I was on the mission.  I've actually been out over 13 months now.  I can't believe it. Time is going way too fast.  
  Earlier this week we went and taught a family about the Book of Mormon.  About the blessing it is for us in our life, what it is, and why we have it.  Every time, I count the blessings in my life, that I have through the Book of Mormon, or I tell others about it I feel my testimony of it strengthen.  The Book of Mormon does so much for me personally.  Joseph Smith was not lying when he said a man would draw nearer to God by abiding by its precepts then by any other book.  When we read the Book of Mormon daily we receive strength, faith, and light which is needed to go on through every day.  As missionaries, we are very blessed to have time given every day where we can personally study the scriptures.  I can say that the Book of Mormon is a true book.  It testifies of Christ and brings us closer to him.  It has blessed my life.  And when I see others accept it and really begin to understand what it can do, I feel joy, I feel blessed to have the opportunity to tell people about it.
   Earlier in the week however we were feeling a bit down.  We had a day where almost every appointment fell through.  Then towards the evening we got a call from David.  Someone we met and began meeting with here in Södertälje but shortly after moved to Örebro.  He was so prepared to receive the gospel it was inspiring.  We sent the elders there his number and new address.  And hadn't heard much about it for a few weeks.  Just yesterday he called.  Then on the day when everything seemed to be going awful he called, he is being baptized soon, he told us that he literally cannot put the Book of Mormon down, and was thankful for the "journey we have started him on".  It may not be someone joining the ward here in Södertälje, but it is someone coming closer to Christ, and news of it came at the perfect time.
   When it comes down to it, everything relies on our faith, our faith in Christ, in the Gospel, in myself, in my companion, and in God.  If we go out and do the small and simple things with big faith then we can bring large miracles to pass.  We have been teaching a couple of people who will be baptized soon, every time we teach a commandment we can see the dedication with which they decide to live it.  Their faith is inspiring because it is helping them do hard things and make hard life changes.
   Hope all is well,
   Äldste Jonathan Moe.

No comments:

Post a Comment